Among the top online communities for creative resources, tools, and talent is Envato.
Envato is visited by millions of people every day who want to buy and sell creative goods, employ clever design templates, develop their creative abilities, or even hire freelancers. Envato helps creatives like you complete projects more quickly with an industry-leading marketplace and an unlimited subscription service.
Whether it’s graphic designs, website themes, images, video, or music, there’s a decent chance you’ll see anything from Envato today, from a café logo to a Hollywood title sequence.
Who ought to purchase Envato Elements?
Anyone who has a limited budget but need a large quantity of films, photos, music, and other creative assets should consider Envato Elements. Also, it’s a smart choice for teams as they can receive a discount for each extra team member, making it less expensive than purchasing each subscription separately. It’s best for: based on the stuff Envato Elements provides.
- Graphic designers: With over 6 million stock photos, professional Photoshop actions, and add-ons, Envato Elements is the preferred choice for graphic designers, artists, and other creatives. You can also use Placeit, the largest mockup library, for $7.47/month, which grants unlimited downloads.
- Developers: Envato offers popular WordPress themes (over 1,600), plugins (760), and template kits (2,500). Both developers and graphic designers can also use fonts (20,000) they can use for websites or designs. Developers can also get icons that they can use for apps.
- Video professionals: Unlimited downloads are popular among videographers, especially when they need many After Effects, sound effects, Premiere Pro templates, and stock footage.
- DIY users: Envato Elements is also great for other freelancers, individuals, and entrepreneurs looking for an affordable, straightforward, and high-quality source of creative assets and a mockup generator. It’s ideal for creating logos, social media posts, promo videos, and product packaging.
Who shouldn’t get Envato Elements?
Because of the very simple and also quite limiting licensing, Envato Elements is not a good solution for:
- Merchandise: The Envato Elements License does not allow use in merchandise where the creative asset has major value, such as t-shirt prints. For this use, you need an extended royalty-free license, available at affordable prices from Shutterstock ($67–$99), Adobe Stock ($79), and Depositphotos ($63–$89).
- Work for corporate clients: Corporations’ policy usually requires some insurance for the creative assets, which is very small at Envato. High indemnity is available with extended licenses at Shutterstock and iStock ($250,000 each) and Pond5 ($1M).
- Stock Video (3,583,662)
- Video Templates (67,462)
- Music (137,622)
- Sound Effects (611,139)
- Graphic Templates (214,513)
- Graphics (120,838)
- Presentation Templates (84,940)
- Photos (6,701,690)
- Fonts (32,220)
- Add-ons (16,087)
- Web Templates (4,605)
- CMS Templates (1,198)
- WordPress (5,355)
- 3D (159,074)
What you get
With an active subscription, you can download any creative asset (stock video, photos, video templates, music, fonts, etc.). While many other “unlimited downloads” subscriptions limit the number of daily downloads to around 50 to prevent scraping, Envato Elements offers truly unlimited downloads with no limits. Of course, you cannot use automated tools to scrape the database.
Cancellation & refund policy
You can cancel your Envato Elements subscription anytime, but note that you will not be entitled to a refund. If you cancel your monthly subscription 24 days or more before it is set to expire, your subscription will remain active for the remaining 24 days.
During this time, you will still be able to access and download all of the assets included in your subscription. However, once your subscription period ends, you will no longer have access to the Envato Elements library.
It’s important to keep in mind that Envato Elements does not offer refunds for canceled subscriptions. If you cancel your subscription, you will not be entitled to receive a refund for any unused portion of your subscription. Instead, your subscription will remain active until the end of the current billing period, at which point it will be canceled.
When you upgrade from a monthly to an annual subscription to Envato Elements, the cost of your upgrade will be adjusted based on the number of days remaining on your current monthly subscription. As a result, you will only be charged for the remaining days of your current subscription period and not for the full annual subscription fee.
For example, let’s say you have a monthly subscription, which costs $39.50 per month, and you have 20 days remaining. If you decide to upgrade to an annual subscription that costs $198 per year ($16.50/mo), the cost of your upgrade will be determined by the number of days remaining on your monthly subscription. If you upgrade on the 10th day of the month, for example, you would only have 20 days remaining on your monthly subscription (assuming a 30-day month), so the cost of your annual subscription would be $198 − 20/30 × $39.50 = $171.67.
We condensed the Envato Elements License into three comprehensive features:
- Commercial use: You can use any downloaded creative asset for any commercial project without purchasing additional rights. However, using merchandise or products where the asset is the primary value is not allowed.
- One license, one use case: You must get a new license for each project, even if you use the same creative asset. This means that after your subscription expires, you may not use the asset in new projects you had not registered before your subscription expired.
- Perpetual use: Even if you unsubscribe, you can continue using the registered creative assets for your licensed projects.